The AG-AF100A is a micro four thirds imager cinema camcorder featuring full-HD progressive recording, 24psf 10 bit* 4:2:2 camera output. It delivers the shallow depth of field and wider field of view of a large imager, with the flexibility and cost advantages of a handheld camcorder. Additionally, the AF100A is equipped with the popular expand focus assist function, which enlarges the center of the displayed image for greater ease in focusing; and a 2.39:1 (cinema scope size) safety zone marker. It is also equipped with the full range of cinematic controls including exposure, adjustable zebras, pedestal and detail, a vectorscope and waveform monitor, and much more. The AF100A can use a wide range of lenses, including Micro Four Thirds compatible DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) lenses, 35mm DSLR lenses and Cinema lenses with appropriate lens mount adapters.
The AF100A complies with the AVCHD ver. 2.0 (AVCHD Progressive) standard with a new PS mode (average approx. 25Mbps, maximum 28Mbps) for recording, playing and outputting Full-HD progressive (1080/59.94p, 1080/50p) images (via HDMI only). With its two-channel XLR audio input terminals, the AF100A also supports uncompressed 16 bit LPCM 2-channel audio recording in PS/PH modes.
In all, the AF100A offers more than 50 professional features that other models in its class do not offer:
- Large 4/3" "Best-in-Class" MOS imager with fast image scanning and optical and low pass filters that eliminate aliasing and moiré while minimizing skew
- Records in 1080 (60i, 50i, 30p, 25p and 24p native) and 720 (60p, 50p, 30p, 25p and 24p native, utilizing AVCCAM's highest-quality PH mode (maximum 24Mbps)
- Built-in optical neutral density filters -- 2 stops, 4 stops and 6 stops. A tremendous time-saver, facilitating many more shots in a production day.
- 20 Variable Frame Rates for fast-motion or slow-mo work. These are higher-resolution Variable Frame rates in1080P in 20 steps, from 12-60 frames. Variable frame rates in 24P, 30P and 25P in1080, up to 60P or 50p dependent on 60Hz or 50Hz mode.
- Uncompressed 4:2:2, 8 Bit HD-SDI Output
- NTSC/PAL Switchable for worldwide use
- In-Camera microphone
- Industry-leading 3-year limited warranty (one year plus two extra years upon registration on PASS)
- Packaged with a copy of the highly-regarded AF100 Book by Barry Green
- HD Video and Full Audio monitoring during record and playback with high-quality audio pre-amps at the input
- Two professional XLR audio inputs, line/mic selectable with phantom power with full manual audio level control and the ability to disable all Audio Gain
- Uncompressed 48KHz 16 Bit audio recording capability in PH mode
- Small size and low weight allows it to be mounted it on sliders, camera stabilizers, small dollies, as well as to fit into small places
- Six built-in, customizable Scene Files that can be utilized for instant, easy matching between multiple cameras
- Built-in gamma curves including HD Norm, HD Low and High, Cine-like D, Cine-like V, B.Stretch
- Four selectable color matrices including Norm 1 and Norm 2, Fluorescent and Cinelike
- Color Phase and Saturation, Pedestal and Detail image control
- Two card slots that support continuous (relay) recording. Relay recording means that with two 32GB SDHC cards you can record for 6 hours with automatic clip spanning across the two cards
- HDMI output
- SDXC Card compatibility -- with a 64GB SDXC card, you can record for 12 hours in PH Mode, and 48 hours in HG Mode
- Timecode and timecode synchronizing for simple multiple-camera shoots via video out connection
- Dynamic Range Stretch in all modes and frame rates
- Focus assist that can be used while recording (color on peaking and focus bar)
- Two sets of zebras settable for your style of shooting
- Two manual black-and-white balance choices and preset White Balance at 3200 or 5600K
- Waveform monitor and Vectorscope for more accurate monitoring of Broadcast Safe Levels
- Spotmeter "marker" for instant feedback on key subject exposure value
- Black and White Recording Mode
- Syncro-scan shutter in Video Mode (1/24.0, dependent on frame rate, to 1/250; in Film Mode variable shutter angles from 1 to 360 degrees)
- Pre-record and an intervalometer function for up to 24 hours
- Different aspect ratio markings in the viewfinder/LCD -- 90% "safety zone" against the 16:9 for making sure your framing will be visible on all TVs, and 2.35, 1.85, 14:9, and 4:3
- High quality AVCCAM PH mode, full production codec, I frames B frames and P frames, also has HA Mode and HE Mode (HA and HE modes are 1080i only)
- Autofocus during record with the H-VS014140 Lumix Lenses, including face recognition technology
- Marker ability to mark clips "good" or "no good"
- Programmable User Buttons with options including delete last clip, Focus Assist, Rec Check, Capture, ATW Lock and Shot Mark
- Smart Battery interface -- record times up to 4 hours with 5400mA battery
- Metadata - assign user clip names to the clips that get shot
- Downconverted standard definition composite output
- Wireless infrared remote controller
- Professional Color bars and 1000Hz tone for communicating levels to the edit suite
- Remote iris/stop/start control interfaces, standard communication protocol as with all Panasonic professional camcorders
- Standard accessories in the box include 5400mA Battery, AC Adapter and Charger
- Operations Instructions on CD and Printed Quick Start Guide Manual
*The 10 bit signal is generated by a smoothing process: it is not a native 10 bit signal.