AVCCAM - the Industry's Next Generation Affordable HD
Panasonic's latest introduction to its popular AVCCAM line, the AG-HMC40 handheld, combines full HD AVCHD video recording with high-resolution 10.6-megapixel still photo capture, giving you the benefits of two professional cameras in one affordable package.
Compact and lightweight at 2.16-pounds, the HMC40 is a versatile HD camcorder offering high-quality AVCHD recordings, high-resolution still photo capture, an easy-to-use SD card workflow, and professional audio capabilities for a wide range of applications and markets including schools, government agencies, event videographers, web designers and more.
Full HD Video & 10.6-Megapixel Stills -- All in One Compact Camera
With a full resolution 3-megapixel, 1/4-inch 3MOS imager, the HMC40 produces stunning 1920x1080 video in AVCHD (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264), delivering images far superior to HDV. When used for digital still photography, the camera captures photos with 10.6-megapixel resolution directly onto the SD card as a JPEG image. The camera can also be connected directly to a PictBridge photo printer (no PC required). And unlike HDV tapes, video and photos can be accessed randomly and immediately from the SD cards and played back on a number of consumer devices.
The camcorder's advanced Leica Dicomar lens system offers 12X optical zoom, wide-angle setting (40.8mm) and an optical image stabilizer (O.I.S.) feature for precise shooting. The compact camera is also packed with professional video and audio features (HDMI out, date/time stamp, remote zoom, XLR option, etc.)
High Definition Performance, Standard Definition Price
Using high-capacity SD memory cards, the HMC40 provides hours of beautiful high definition recordings at professional level bit rates. It records in a range of 1080 and 720 formats with all four professional AVCCAM recording modes: PH mode (average 21 Mbps/Max 24Mbps), the HA mode (approx.17 Mbps), the HG mode (approx.13 Mbps), HE mode (approx. 6 Mbps). AVCCAM offers the benefit of a fast, file-based workflow using widely available and reasonably priced SD memory cards.
- HD formats: 1080/60i, 1080/30p, 1080/24p (Native); 720/60p, 720/30p, 720/24p (Native)
- Three newly designed 1/4.1" Progressive 3MOS Imagers for full HD resolution
- 12x Leica Dicomar lens (13 elements in 10 groups), 43mm filter Ø, zoom range of 40.8 - 490mm* (*35mm equivalent.)
- Extremely slow, smooth zoom for the precise control needed for dramatic sequences
- Time Date Stamp enables shooting Legal Depositions or Surveillance
- Long record time: 3 hours with included battery (7 hours continuous with 5,800mAh Battery)
- Remaining battery time readout in minutes so shooter is warned (Info Data Secure Battery)
- 3-second pre-record function captures the shot from the beginning
- Shooting assist functions: focus expand, focus bar and Face Detection feature in Auto Mode
- Waveform monitor helps with luminance for green screen where lighting has to be evenly distributed
- Professional interface with HDMI out, Component Out (mini D terminal), Composite Video Out and RCA Audio Out
- Additional features include: three user set buttons, Time code (DF, NDF, REC RUN, FREE RUN) and USER BIT, two scene files, auto functions (Auto Focus, Auto White Balance and Auto Neutral Density)
- Connects directly to PictBridge photo printers
- 2.7-inch 16:9 Touchscreen LCD display (Just touch the thumbnail for playback)
- Manual and remote control connection for Zoom, Focus, Iris, Start/Stop functions (similar to HMC150). Focus ring can also be used for Iris and Zoom
- Min. Illumination: 1 lux, (F1.8, Gain: +34dB, Slow Shutter: 1/2 sec.)
- Syncro Scan Shutter, 60i- 1/60-1/250, 30p- 1/30-1/250, 24p- 1/24-1/250
- Selectable Gammas & DRS Dynamic Range Stretch
- Lightweight, yet durable, design with removable handle
- Optional AG-MYA30G Professional XLR adapter available (features audio inputs with +48V Phantom Power, Mic/Line, Attentuation, Ch 1&2 or Ch2, Level Controls and Mic Holder (8 pin push on precision connector)
- 3-Year limited warranty (1 year + 2 extra years upon registration)